Great wedding DJs will take a personalised approach to planning each wedding, making sure each one is truly unique and memorable. We will work with the couple to create the soundtrack for the reception of their dreams, and will try to reach the right combination of formality, fun and interaction with the guests.
Ideally your DJ will have spent around fifteen hours preparing for your wedding before they actually arrive on the day. This will include consulting with you, putting together a play list, and downloading or buying music that you have requested. Although wedding DJ’s are generally less expensive than hiring a live band, you will need to expect to pay a little over the average to get a great DJ who will make your reception truly special.
Our Wedding DJ to play throughout the entire reception, rather than just providing the music for dancing after the wedding menu has been served. Here is a possible format for your reception that can be accompanied the whole time by a DJ:
- DJ to set up an hour before reception starts
- DJ plays background music, perhaps jazz, while guests arrive and have welcome drinks
- DJ announces wedding party or bride and groom and plays special song for their entrance
- DJ plays background music during the meal
- DJ announces the speeches and possibly plays a short musical clip for each one
- DJ announces the first dance after the meal and plays chosen song
- DJ plays great music to get guests up and dancing
- DJ announces events such as the Bride and Father dance and cake cutting, and plays appropriate songs for these
- DJ keeps the tempo up for dancing until the end of the reception.